FTP Server

I have my own FTP server and am having trouble getting it working with Astiga. Whenever I try to synchronize Astiga says it can't find any folders. I'm guessing this has to do with being connected in passive mode but I don't know which ports Astiga uses. Can someone help?

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former

Which ports it uses in passive mode is generally dynamic, although you might be able to tweak your FTP server to always use ports from a certain range.

As you can see the client (Astiga) asks the server in passive mode which port it should connect to.

What could also be the case is that you have selected the wrong folder. I find this more likely, as Astiga can apparently connect (or at least get a valid response from the FTP server). Let's say you have a user "bob" and his home folder is /home/bob. Then if you were to enter "/" as initial directory (the default), it would most likely tell you that it cannot find any folders, as "bob" cannot list the content of "/". If you set it to "/home/bob", then it will work. It depends on the FTP server what the correct path is.

• Thanks for the correction. You are correct that the passive ports are not the problem.

It does seem like your suggestion is close to the issue. I am using filezilla and have a login named music set to H:\Music directory as home. I add an ftp server with the username: music, password, and initial folder as "/". When I sync i leave Folder blank and this is what i get from filezilla:

USER music

331 Password required for music

PASS ************

230 Logged on

PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,86,74,79,51)

PWD

257 "/" is current directory.

CWD /

250 CWD successful. "/" is current directory.

CWD /

250 CWD successful. "/" is current directory.

TYPE A

200 Type set to A

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

• KoenKoen Member, Former

227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,86,74,79,51)

This looks like an internal IP address. Are you sure it listens on your public IP address? As Astiga is not part of your internal network, it cannot access it either.