Astiga no longer plays in browser

I'm not sure if this is related to the DNS issues, but Astiga will not play in the Firefox or Falkon browser any more, when I click play it loads for a second and then nothing happens, the play button is clickable again. The android app still works for me but I can't play it on my computer.

The snap no longer opens either.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Hi - the DNS issue is resolved (again) as far as I know.

Have you tried re providing the token for your storage?

What storage are you using?

• moctirmoctir Member
    edited February 2022

Ah sorry, feel quite stupid now, it was just that I hadn't re-registered the Token on this computer. Took me a silly amount of time to find the "Manage Storage" page, I was looking for it in "Library Management" and "Storage"... I'm using OneDrive. Sorry about that, please mark as Solved though note I'm still unable to open the Linux snap (which may be unofficial), that might be OS related though. Thanks!

Thanks - I'll check the snap - what OS are you on? Can you run, from the terminal:

cat /etc/issue

And

uname -a

• I'm using Solus but after doing some reading I'm thinking the problem here is with an update to snapd on Solus (I don't actually use any other snaps), below is what I get but maybe ignore it for now and let me try a few things and I'll come back if I still have a problem. Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

$ cat /etc/issue

[[ Solus Operating System ]]

$ uname -a                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Linux lattitude7290 5.14.21-210.current #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 5 21:23:09 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ astiga &

[1] 295329

$ cannot update snap namespace: open /proc/295347/cgroup: permission denied

snap-update-ns failed with code 1

[1]+ Exit 1                 astiga

$ cannot update snap namespace: open /proc/295347/cgroup: permission denied

That does look like some sort of configuration problem on your machine - shouldn't the snap process be able to read/write files as required?

• Turns out this is a Solus specific problem with snaps, required reinstall snapd and then doing a usysconf command. This solved it on one of my machines but not the other, however I think it should be easy enough to solve.

Thanks again for your help!

Sweet...