Export data

How do we request an export of playlists? And is there an easy way to adapt those playlists to use in another software

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Hi - there's no way to do this right now.

I guess the easiest way would be to request an M3U file as that's the most common file format to describe playlists. They simply list the file locations for your files in the playlist.

The thing is: what would that mean for a collection which is stored in the cloud?

How would you be seeking to use other software, and what sort of software do you mean? For example, are you expecting to have to download the music too?

When you say "playlist" do you mean just the playlist (the list of tracks to play), or also the actual music itself?

• Just the list. They were built in astiga and need to be moved to a new account that will probably go premium

Ok, so M3U would be enough then.

• Yes

• I am also interested in exporting a copy of a playlist I built in Asitga. When you said "M3U would be enough", did you mean it is possible to request a M3U copy of one of my Asitga playlists? I am interested in just that.

It is not currently, but if you get in touch via email I can just do a database query and send you the paths of the files in a given playlist. That's pretty much all there is to a M3U file (in its simplest form).