Astiga Mobile - 'Lock' for playlist editing

Separated thread

Sometimes when my phone is in my pocket and I forget to lock my screen I end up accidentally deleting or reordering songs because my phone detects a 'swipe' or 'hold' that I hadn't intended. It would be great if there were a setting that allowed for 'locking' the editing of playlists so that things like that don't happen.

From here: https://community.asti.ga/discussion/414/some-requests-to-add-to-the-user-experience#latest

Comments

• An add-only or delete-disabled function or something of the sort would be nice too. I don't even want to know how often I accidentally overrode my just-made playlist because I didn't press a song I wanted to add long enough.

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

I don't even want to know how often I accidentally overrode my just-made playlist because I didn't press a song I wanted to add long enough.

Yes - that sounds like a more general UX issue.

• Just wanted to revisit this to reinforce the idea of a playlist lock / support add only modes

• I've thought about this same issue on mobile when I accidentally click on a song in the wrong place and clear my entire playlist half way through creating it - it would be nice if, upon selecting a song when music is actively playing or the queue is populated, the user could get a confirmation prompt before clearing the queue. Something along those lines, because sometimes I am intending to start a new album when I select a song, but often when I'm trying to build a new playlist a slight misclick can erase all the work I've done.