Android app unable to read song metadata after reinstall

I recently had to reinstall the Astiga app on my Android device. After the reinstall, the app has been unable to read the metadata for any of the songs in my storage (such as song name, artist, album title). On the player, I just see the file name. Prior to the reinstall, this was never a problem - after a few seconds, the app would read the track's metadata and find the track's song/album/artist. The web app, however, still has no issues reading the track's metadata.

This is especially an issue as it means that none of my songs I play from the app scrobble to last.fm, which is something of a deal-breaker for me. Is there just some settting that I can't seem to find that I need to reactivate on the mobile app? Is there some other solution? I've already tried about everything I can think of. (Re-installing the app again, removing and re-adding my storage, re-syncing my storage, etc.) Thanks.

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Do you have "Browse by tags" enabled?

Are you set to be offline?

When you play a track, what's the sequence of screens you pass through to play? Via "Library" or "Browser"?

• edited December 2022

I do not have "Browse by tags" enabled. When I enable it, all of my storage disappears from the browser setting and I can't find it anywhere.

I am set online.

All of my music is sorted by album in separate folders in my drive, so upon opening the Astiga app, I'll press the hamburger icon in the top left, then go to browser, then click on the folder with the album I want to listen to.

Thanks.

Could you post the full path to an example file that is demonstrating this problem? Send via email if you'd rather: info@

• Okay, I think I fixed it. I just needed to re-sync my storage on the computer. However I'm now running into another issue which I'll make a separate post for.

Thanks for confirming!

• One file I'm trying to change for example is located at "/Music/JustMusic/Skee Mask - ITLP09 - Pool/Skee Mask - ITLP09 - Pool 02 Stone Cold 369.flac". I am unable to change any metadata for this file through Astiga.

• Ah yes, that's right.