Ignore/Exclude folder in Library

stevensonjrstevensonjr Member
edited February 2021 in Feature requests

Hi.

My music folder on my webdav server is my Itunes library from my main PC.

It contains an Itunes folder with 1000+ subfolders for the cache of the Artwork.

It would be nice if I could exclude the Itunes folder from the library so that the sync would be faster (currently taking 45min only to read this useless folder).

Thanks for your advice.

EDIT : I think I found something to achieve this : Remove Folder from Library ? I tried, I'll see if it works.

Post edited by stevensonjr on

Comments

• KoenKoen Member, Former
    edited February 2021

Excluding is currently not possible, no. That feature removes it from your library, but does not prevent it from being scanned again. The iTunes folder is certainly annoying, but I have no real solution for that at this point in time.

• Ok thanks. I have purchased one year premium... It is way faster now and the iTunes folder is not (so much) a bottleneck now.

• For info, if someone has the same issue once : I have simply removed the Artwork folder from the sync settincs of my cloud. The Itunes Artwork cache is now only on my computer, and I have removed it from my webdav server so it is not present anymore and hence not scanned by Astiga ;)