A new look!

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

@neasan For the playlist, make sure you've performed a full refresh of the page: https://fabricdigital.co.nz/blog/how-to-hard-refresh-your-browser-and-clear-cache

If it still doesn't work, can you open Developer Tools for your browser and refresh, try to click the play queue and send any console messages that appear (given you mentioned floats and clears I'm going to assume you know what I mean without further instruction).

Can you send a screenshot of your first point? And also the resolution you are at?

• neasanneasan Member
    edited October 2022

Screenshot of the Songs' page:

The issue with the playlist is only on the songs page.

The only error I get when I click the playlist button (on any page) seems to be:

Deprecated Feature Used
    Event.path is deprecated and will be removed. Please use Event.composedPath() instead.
    1 source
    process_discovery_content_script.js:2
    Learn more: Check the feature status page for more details.
    Learn more: This change will go into effect with milestone 109.

I get the following errors when I reload the page and get them on all pages (that I can see) when I reload.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/aurora.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/alac.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

app.js:3843 Uncaught TypeError: this.splice is not a function
      at Array.move (app.js:3843:48)
      at a.value (app.js:4864:4939)
      at app.js:4864:2247
    Array.move @ app.js:3843
    value @ app.js:4864
    (anonymous) @ app.js:4864
    setInterval (async)
    a @ app.js:4864
    (anonymous) @ app.js:4866

app.js:2921 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause(). https://goo.gl/LdLk22
    _html_initMedia @ app.js:2921
    _html_setAudio @ app.js:2943
    (anonymous) @ app.js:1993
    each @ jquery.js:385
    (anonymous) @ app.js:1971
    setMedia @ app.js:1969
    (anonymous) @ app.js:59
    each @ jquery.js:207
    $.fn.jPlayer @ app.js:56
    select @ app.js:3958
    (anonymous) @ app.js:4689
    fire @ jquery.js:3500
    fireWith @ jquery.js:3630
    done @ jquery.js:9822
    (anonymous) @ jquery.js:10083
    load (async)
    send @ jquery.js:10102
    ajax @ jquery.js:9716
    jQuery.<computed> @ jquery.js:9872
    getPlayQueue @ app.js:4686
    (anonymous) @ app.js:4118
    mightThrow @ jquery.js:3766
    process @ jquery.js:3834
    setTimeout (async)
    (anonymous) @ jquery.js:3872
    fire @ jquery.js:3638
    ready @ jquery.js:4110
    completed @ jquery.js:4120

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/flac.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/aac.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://play.asti.ga/js/aurora/mp3.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Thanks @neasan . That's the same error as @ruffin was getting earlier - I presumed it was a caching issue before.

What browser are you using? Including version?

• macos, Chrome, Version 106.0.5249.91 (Official Build) (x86_64).

• CambionnCambionn Member
    edited October 2022

EDIT: I just realised the issue could possibly be caught by old edits of metadata that are made over time that are sticking. I'm force resyncing my whole library to check but I'll keep the text so I won't have to retype in case it isn't the fix. A quicker way to delete metadata edits would be nice tho, this could take a few days (it did last time).

That doesn't explain the issue where it switches to a different artist's page tho, or why it shows one entry less when sorting on release date than when sorting on title.

Changing the year value to YYYY-MM-DD format seems to fixed the issue (and will be more precise in sorting anyways, so I'm going to change my tags).

There still seems to be some issues even with this format. All releases show most of the time (and those who don't seem to be related to a different issue than double dates), and most releases are in order, but both are not always the case.

For example, Girls' Generation's I Got A Boy's date ID3 tag is set to "2013-01-01" (it's the oldest album in the list), and is nearly on the end of the list after the album Forever 1 who has the tag "2022-08-08".

Another issue is the Lil'Touch album, which has artist set to "Oh!GG", albumartist to "Girls' Generation", and date to "2018-09-05", yet it's the last entry.

On my Mamamoo page, sorting on release date is even worse as it makes all but 2 albums dissapears, sorting back on title then shows only 3. This seems (partly) related to albums with different track artists than album artists (of which I have quite some) especially when the first album on page load (without any sorting querry) is one of these. For example:

The page https://play.asti.ga/artist/Mamamoo shows all entries with album artist "Mamamoo" (which is new, it used to only show those with that artist as track artist and the https://play.asti.ga/band/Mamamoo one used to show all.) However, the first entry of the page is an album that has artist set to "Moon Byul" en album to "Mamamoo".

But as soon as I sort https://play.asti.ga/artist/Mamamoo, it goes to https://play.asti.ga/artist/Moon%20Byul?sort-by=release-date (showing 2 entries, missing the 6equence)

And https://play.asti.ga/artist/Moon%20Byul?sort-by=title (which does show the album 6equence):

All my files have the following ID3 tags (and nothing else): title, artist, album, albumartist, genre, date, tracknumber, totaltracks, discnumber, totaldiscs, length.

Post edited by Cambionn on

@Cambionn The track _I Got A Boy_ inside the album of the same name has a YEAR of 2013 and was synced on 30th July - maybe that's why? All the other tracks have YYYY-MM-DD years and were recently synced. 😕

@neasan I'll check that tomorrow.

edited October 2022

I just edited the post. I just figured some old meta-data edits might still be stuck somewhere preventing resyncs. A quick way to see what's edited (and therefor not synced) as well as a way to remove those would be quite useful, but for now I'm force resyncing my whole library as that currently seems the only way to remove those meta-data edits (I mainly use them as temporarily edits when I'm on the road and fix them later "properly"). I'll get back to you once everything is re-synced but it could take quite some time...

The issue where it switches to a different artist's page seems separate to that tho, as the one where it shows one entry less when sorting on release date than when sorting on title. Perhaps you could check those out in the meantime if you're bored ;) not that I think you will, you seem rather busy and I know that feeling but I do quite appreciate the quick responses and fixes so kudos to you. Jokes aside, it's a legitimate issue.

• Sadly it seems the forced resync (which was done quite fast) didn't fix the issue. So either something prevents syncing for unknown reasons causing the date not to update, or the sorting is indeed off.

@Cambionn I think the sorting is definitely off - we've a ticket to look at it.

The last sync didn't seem to have "force refresh" set btw...

Why not just edit the metadata for all files though, for testing purposes?

• The last sync didn't seem to have "force refresh" set btw...

Weird. I'm sure I selected it, but that does explain the quick ending. I'm trying to do it again now, to ensure I didn't just make a mistake myself. The current log does seem to add everything a new, so hopefully it now works.

Why not just edit the metadata for all files though, for testing purposes?

That was the plan. I got halfway trough the Kpop genre folder yesterday (which is the biggest genre folder), which took about half a day already as I need to search the exact date for each release 😅. Most work well, I just picked out some examples of issues I found.

But I normally use software to edit metadata (currently I use MusicBrainz Picard), as I find it easier than doing everything in the app/website by hand (dedicated software tends to have more functionality after all) and it'll stick if I ever need to resync. Like I said, I mainly use the in-app one to fix isseus when I'm on the road to then edit the files later when I'm back at my PC to match again.

edited October 2022

@gravelld the synchronizing is already done, which is suspiciously quick for a full resync. It's still not working on my side. Can you check if it's still running without the force refresh? Because if so it seems that function is broken 🥲.

In a new try, I removed the storage and re-added it. That should at least reset everything 🙃.

EDIT: I still seem to not get in some changes. When I'm home I'll check if something went wrong uploading. Thinking maybe pCloud has had some trouble uploading these changes on some files somehow as I checked them double on my desktop, but not in the browser.

Post edited by Cambionn on

Yeah - the latest refresh was not a force again. I'll look into this.

@neasan I'm testing on Chrome on macOS. I can play music successfully, but I am getting the same error you are getting. I'll look into that.

I can't see the strange layout on the Songs page though.

Ooooh, maybe it's the number of songs - maybe there's a song with a very long title or similar, and it's messing up the layout. Could you scroll and look for one?

• neasanneasan Member
    edited October 2022

You were right, I see the issue on my laptop's 13" screen but when I move it on to my external 27" display it goes away (should have tried that earlier).

It does seem to be related to the length of song/album/artist, each column seems to be set to allow 50% of the screen to be used so that if either song title or Artist + Album is really long it takes up the maximum space

In the left hand column I have

• 1 3 Fu**ing Days
    • The Super Fantastic Adventures Of Captain Magic / The Super Fantastic Adventures Of\n Captain Magic In His Amazing Wonderland

And in the right hand column:

• 6 A Monologue by Fozzie Bear (feat. Fozzie Bear)
    • Kermit the Frog / The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, and More! (The 25th Anniversary\n Collection)

They both introduce a line break after ~80 characters (where the \n is)

edited October 2022

@gravelld I just checked and it seems partly on my end, partly not.

For some reason pCloud refused to upload the changes to one of the tracks of the I Got A Boy album causing it to use the wrong date (so that was a problem on my side), I re-uploaded that one manually and it's fixed now. I will go over the rest to do the same. As to why pCloud doesn't recognise the edit in some files while working fine on the other ones is another question, but not one for you to look into.

But on the other hand the Li'l Touch one is still on the end, despite it being from 2018 while Forever 1 is 2022 (this seems somewhere on your side, the date is correct here in YYYY-MM-DD format). The Li'l Touch one is one of those with a different in that it has a different track artist than album artist tho. However, the BlackPink page I also has multiple albums with a different track artist than album artist and most there show fine, while the last one (Lisa - Lalisa) just dissapears when sorting. So that doesn't seem to be the issue in and of itself either as it sometimes works, sometimes sorts wrong, sometimes just dissapears.

I also still have some albums dissapearing, either because of having the same date (in that case only 1 is shown), because of the issue like shown on that Mamamoo page (which suddenly switches to Moon Byul), or even just seemingly random (like when switching on Mamamoo/Moon Byul between sorting on title and release date making the album 6equence dissapear)

@neasan Thanks for that. I'll look into fixing the layout for longer song titles.

@Cambionn I think the disappearance and the sorting issues are separate. We're looking at the disappearance one first, hopefully a fix should be deployed next week.

• Yeah they're 3 different issues (not sorting in the right order, switching to different artists page when the first album on page load has a different track artist than album artist, and disappearance of albums during sorting).

But the dissapearing only occurs during sorting (when there is no sorting parameter in the URL they show up), hence listing it in this list.

Thanks for confirming @Cambionn !

• Thanks for the dark mode option! :)

• @gravelld It seems that in part, my sorting issues are caused by Astiga remembering edits made in Astiga's metadata editor even after I completely removed and re-added my entire library. The files in my pCloud are updated at least (downloading them manually trough browser then looking at them they do have the new date), but Astiga seems to refuse to renew them...

Is there any way you can remove all edits on my account or force a full resync? Since neither the the force resync or remove/re-add work I could only possibly search each problem file, remove them and sync that, then re-add them. Which is enormously tedious to do...

I think the problem is the force resync feature not working. If you delete your library with the "Remove a folder" option that should work... Ultimately, the metadata edits are stored in the same place as the result of sync, and both are cleared by "Remove a folder".

If you need me to manually clear that out, I can still do that if you like.

• Just to confirm, this hasn't been deployed yet, right? I'm still seeing the old behavior (no on/off presentation) and it's pretty frustrating when you get stuck in a weird configuration. Just got trapped in shuffle + repeat 1 and took several attempts of random clicking to get to the desired state.

@starmandeluxe No, I'm deploying it today, let me know what you think when it's up.

The changes are up...

• Show upstream problems on the /storage pages when failing to play a track.
    • Add state to the shuffle and repeat buttons.
    • Make sign-in, register, forgot password and password reset forms wider on smaller screens.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!

@Cambionn The fixes for album sorting were almost done but we had a last minute code review issue so we had to pull them from this release. We're working on them now and we'll get them deployed asap.

• Yeah I already tried removing the entire storage and replacing it, I tried the remove folder then re-sync, nothing seems to work.

I did check both my local files in pCloud as downloading the files manually trough browser (to rule out sync issues) and the full date does show up, but as soon as I go to Astiga it just doesn't show and the date is stuck at year-only. I'm really at a loss, I don't think there is much more I can do on my side. If you could manually clear it that would be great, at least we can then rule out for sure it's not stuck edits either.

I can't remove the edits as such, I can only remove the data for each song (editing just overwrites the data we have from syncing). If I do that, you won't be able to see the song in the library view, but resyncing should then work.

I just ran a query of all tracks that were edited after being synced, and only three albums came up - none of the albums discussed so far. Is this what you expect?

• Yes go ahead removing the data. Resyncing is no problem. Could you tell me which albums you find? Then I know which to pay attention too.

As mentioned before some of the albums had issues on my end so it might be less now indeed. (G)I-dle's I Made is an example of an album that still has issues refusing to sync. Is that one on your list?

Still weird, I've both removed the entire drive with the remove folder option as well as literally removing the whole storage and re-adding it, and yet there are indeed some edits on your side. You might want to look into that 🤔.

@Cambionn Thanks, I've created a separate ticket to look at the behaviour of remove folder/storage.

The albums I can see that have been edited are:

• Born Pink
    • In The Name Of Love
    • Psyfive
    • Gentleman

There's also a separate file which I think you were using for artist images.

I went ahead and deleted those entries (apart from the separate file I mentioned at the end).