Symfonium and Astiga

thezabthezab Member
edited November 2022 in Other apps

Hi :)

i'm using Astiga with the subsonic client Symfonium which for Android is the one of the most well done client for Subsonic based services.

I've some problems on using it with Astiga:

• Astiga needs the Symfonium's compatibility mode for using with it due to the unsupported empty query on the search3 web service, getting a very slow sync process everytime.
  • There's some problems with the management of compilations, i've talked with the developer on his support channel (https://support.symfonium.app/t/compilation-handling/951) and there's some invalid data with various artists compilations.

For the other things Symfonium is working great, so i hope we can enhance better this integration and have a wonderful subsonic client for Android which works well with Astiga ;)

Comments

• gravelldgravelld Administrator

Thanks - I've replied to the thread on the Symfonium forum to make sure I understand the issues.

• 00 Member
    edited November 2022

@thezab, could you do an ELI5 on how to hook Astiga with Symfonium plz?

Post edited by 0 on
  • very simple, you install Symfonium from Play Store and then you add Astiga as Subsonic provider with the credentials provided on the apps section of Astiga. Remember to turn on the compatibility mode on Symfonium and after that you can trigger a sync (it's quite slow)

• CernunnosCernunnos Member
    edited December 2022

Sorry for reopening an old threat.

I've installed for a test. First sync is extremely slow. So so slow. Also beware, if you have tested it before. You must pay the app 4.60€. With no money back...

In my case I can't synch library with the app. After synching it is empty... First subsonic player that happens.

Post edited by Cernunnos on

Thanks for the report - but have you asked with them? https://support.symfonium.app/

• I´m on it now. Thanks!

• So complicated.... Uninstalling.

Thanks - I'll follow the discussion on the Symfonium forums.

• Thank you!

• Hi, Symfonium still works really badly for me. Can only do a painfully slow sync which invariably fails before completing. Is there a particular setting I am supposed to choose on Symfonium to get it to function quickly like Tempo, Substreamer etc? I would love just to use them but Symfonium appears to be the only app available which supports Android Auto...

The Astiga app supports Android Auto...

I'm sorry but I don't know how Symfonium is performing its syncs. Have you asked on their forums? Their developer is normally very responsive.

• lypanovlypanov Member
    edited November 2023

This still only works when enabling "compatability" mode. Enabling it in my Linux desktop (Sublime Music) also fails quite horribly. I've tried debugging it but as best as I can tell the API is returning really weird responses so I kinda grok why they don't work with it. Is there any ongoing work to mitigate these issues? It seems the app is stagnant. I haven't bothered with the website itself for playback recently as the last few times I did it appeared to be untested.

• lypanovlypanov Member
    edited November 2023

FWIW after reading your above link about the fix you applied for Symfonium I'm guessing my collection has issues as Sublime was failing due to Asti.ga returning two different IDs for seemingly the same album (it's been a few months, but I can double check again when home in January, I can double check Symfonium if you ask any time). Symfonium is still broken for me unless I enable "slow compat" mode, I assume for the same reason.

We're making releases every fortnight to the platform and also the Android app, so no, very much un-stagnant!

Can you be specific about "returning really weird responses"? Bear in mind other Subsonic apps work with Astiga (including the Astiga app itself).

I haven't gotten around to fixing this yet because of other priorities.

Could you give me a bug report (steps to reproduce) for Sublime? That's one I've not been using much.

• lypanovlypanov Member
    edited November 2023

As mentioned it's been a month or so since the last test but for my account it's impossible to play an album. Albums load, everything looks good, first time click IIRC works well. And then next click, or clicking on an album already loaded everything breaks, IIRC there were issues with album art also. I traced a bit through the API queries being made and found that it's using two different IDs for the same album. Sorry for not having more details. I'll be able to provide far more in January when back from vacation (only have an Android tablet with me here).

Very happy to hear that it's not stagnant. Is it okay if I bring up the issues I'm seeing more frequently to re-prioritise them? - they are deal breakers for my usage alas.

UPDATE: Was to verify this is still an issue in sublime (the wonders of Android).

Reproduction: Click album. Double click song. Plays. Click another album. Click first album. Expectation: Plays. Actual result: No tracks in album, unable to play.

In code the sublime code it can be summarized as follows: uncached everything works, caching uses the wrong key, after cached won't play.

edited November 2023

Thanks for that, I'll look into it next week. Hope that's ok.

• Thank you! Enjoy your weekend!

I looked at this today.

I tested with Sublime and I think I see some of the issues you found. I'm writing some tests to capture the behaviour, because there are some subtle behaviour points that need to be captured for different types of album.

I'll let you know when I have a resolution.

Reproduction: Click album. Double click song. Plays. Click another album. Click first album. Expectation: Plays. Actual result: No tracks in album, unable to play.

@lypanov So I can double check our fixes, could you tell me which album you see this behaviour with? (The "first" album in your report which subsequently has no tracks).

• lypanovlypanov Member
    edited November 2023

In my specific collection I couldn't find an album it wasn't reproducible with. Are they already live? If so I can fire up the environment + Sublime.

Double checked: "No" album works here, random selection of 4.

edited November 2023

No, the fix isn't live yet. Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

@lypanov We'll try to make these fixes available in today's (hopefully) release. However, I think there remains a few issues. For example, under artists I'm seeing albums sometimes getting doubled. I tried reviewing the API responses and I can't see where we might be happening.

I'm not sure if this is just cached data or what (I've been messing about with the data quite a lot so I'm not sure if I'm in a stable state in Sublime) - if you see something similar, can you check it out?

@lypanov We released those fixes today: https://community.asti.ga/discussion/comment/2992/#Comment_2992 . Let me know how it goes.

• Superb. Couldn't break it after a while of random clicking! Thank you!

Oh, great! Well, let me know if you notice any other quirks.

• The only remaining issue is the inability to sync Symfonium without enabling "slow compat" mode. As there is a work around this is of course way lower priority.